Cedar Rapids site of USAV Beach HP camp
Wednesday, February 8th, 2017
Badger Region athletes interested the USAV Beach High Performance program should try out in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, April 29-30, 2017.
The try out will take place at the Oasis Sand Bar, 4625 Tower Terrace Road NE; Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 52411.
Athletes (boys and girls) born from 1999-2006 are eligible to try out.
There are a handful of changes to the USA Volleyball Beach High Performance tryout procedures this year that all eligible participants should be aware of:
- Beach HP will be hosting four zonal skills assessment camps in lieu of 26 regional tryouts.
- With four dates, we are proud to announce that one evaluator will be evaluating the same age group and gender at each and every zonal camp. This will allow for a more consistent evaluation of talent across the United States.
- With four dates, there will be more athletes at every camp. This will further ensure that the evaluation process is fair and consistent.
- Instead of a four hour tryout, the skills assessment camp will be over two days with a double session each day (Saturday and Sunday, 9-12PM, 2-4PM).
- Athletes will have more time to showcase their skills to the evaluator.
- Athletes will benefit from working with and getting feedback from the top beach coaches across the country over the two days. We want all athletes to come out of the assessment camp equipped with better beach volleyball skills and new tools to continue working on at all levels.
Athletes may attend any of the four skills assessment camps regardless of their zone. Elite athletes from these camps will be invited to the National Team Selection on May 21-22 in Manhattan Beach, CA to compete for a position on A1 (top 10 athletes per age group per gender). Other top athletes will be named to the A2 Zonal Team (10 athletes per zone, per age group, per gender). Other high-caliber athletes will be named to the A3 High Performance Team.
For a flyer relating to the Beach HP Camp, click here.