Badger Region Qualifier, Championships, and Dale Rohde dates all announced
Monday, August 14th, 2017
The highly anticipated announcement of the Badger Region events has arrived. In lieu of announcing them at the Junior Club Director Meeting (which is not taking place in person this year), the dates are being announced below and in an email to club and tournament directors.
Drum roll please……
- Feb. 24-25: Badger Region Qualifier (G17s and G18s only). Location: Milwaukee Sting Center
- March 10-11: Badger Region Qualifier (G12, G13, G14, G15 and G16). Location: Milwaukee Sting Center
- March 17-18: Badger Region Championships (G12, G13, G16 and B12, B13, B14, B17, B18). Wisconsin Center
- March 24-25: Badger Region Championships (G11, G14, G15 and B15, B16). Wisconsin Center
- April 7-8: Badger Region Championships (G17 and G18). Wisconsin Center
- April 7: Adult Badger Region Championships (One Day Only). Wisconsin Center
- April 7. Dale Rohde Memorial Boys Volleyball Tournament (B14-and-under). Wisconsin Center.
- April 8. Dale Rohde Memorial Boys Volleyball Tournament (B15-and-older). Wisconsin Center.
The Badger Region Qualifier will offer one National and two American bids to the Junior National Championships in all age groups. If an age group has 10 or more teams, then a team will have to place well in pool play on Day 1 to be eligible for play on Day 2. (Identical to last year.) This year, the GJNC for Girls 18-and-under is in Anaheim, Calif., from April 27-29. The GJNC for all other age groups is June 25-July 4 in Detroit, Mich.
Most girls age divisions for the Badger Region Championships will offer competition in the Open, Club and Badger Divisions. If the Badger Division does not get at least six teams entered in it by March 1, it will be merged with the Club Division.
New in 2018: All boys divisions 14-18s will be a two-day event this year.
The Dale Rohde Memorial Boys Volleyball Tournament will be held on April 7 for boys 14-and-under and April 8 for boys 15-18 at the convention center, too! It will feature boys 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U.
Registration for all three events will begin at 7 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018.