When creating a junior club program, it is important to think about what it will cost to run the club. We’ve listed some costs to be aware of when starting your club and creating your budget. When calculating your anticipated costs, be sure to overestimate your expenses so you have your bases covered in case of an unexpected expense.
1. Badger Region/USAV membership for coaches (all must have a current membership and background screen)
2. IMPACT certification ($50) for all coaches
3. Coach payment/reimbursement: some clubs pay their coaches, others do not.
4. Uniforms and printing: anticipate jersey costs AND printing costs.
5. Gym space: this can be expensive, so do some research to find the best option and plan your budget accordingly.
6. Tournament registration: national events and qualifiers are more expensive than region events.
7. Travel to events: decide whether or not you will reimburse coaches and develop a policy.
8. Equipment: you will need balls, carts, coaching apparel, medicine kits, etc.
9. Team dues: $25/first team, $15/second and third teams and $10 for every additional team.
10. Officiating clinic: options include hiring a clinician ($150) or hosting a self-run clinic with region materials.
After you have considered how much the club must pay to have each player/team in the program, consider how much you are going to charge players. Keep in mind that all players must register for a $50 full junior membership with Badger Region/USAV. This cost is in addition to whatever you decide on for your club fees. Sources of income for the club could include: membership fees, grants and sponsorship or fundraising.
Please keep in mind that your club is an independently run business operating under the umbrella of Badger Region/USA Volleyball. We are not responsible for the business functions of your club, we simply provide the structure of rules, regulations, policies and resources to facilitate your success.