- Player medical forms: you must have these with you in case of emergency.
- Player/Parent contact info: in case of a last-minute schedule change or emergency.
- Official Webpoint roster: Login to WP/My Info/Team Rosters/Current Roster.
- Coaching bag: two whistles, a med kit, player medical forms, line-up sheets, scratch paper & writing utensil.
- Team schedule: obtain from your Club Director, the host team’s website or [potentially] AES.
- Event schedule: make sure you know the structure of the entire event, not just your pool
- Directions: make sure you know how to get to the event.
- Contact info: you will want to have the tournament director’s contact info in case of emergency
- Carry-in policy: know whether or not coolers and carry-ins are allowed to avoid fines
- Facility rules: know the playing rules of the facility and communicate the rules to your team (no ball-handling in the hallways, etc.)
- Check in: submit your official Webpoint roster at the tournament desk prior to the start of the event.
- Verify match results: you (or someone assigned by you) should confirm that your team’s wins, losses and points are correctly recorded throughout the event.
- Follow event standings: you (or someone assigned by you) should check pool standings so you are aware of potential tie-breaker situations. During pool play, there is ALWAYS the potential for a tie-breaker situation.
- Address problems: talk with your club director about any problems you dealt with or potential future problems.
- Know your team code: tournament directors use this code to report the official standings and may need it.
KeepVid: store volleyball videos on your computer for players to watch
Kinovea: record athletes and analyze technique
Coaches Eye: record athletes for instant feedback
Pocket Radar: clock serve and attack speed
TeamUSA: information on drills, nutrition, technology, psychology, strength and coaching to help you as a volleyball coach
Volleyball Scoreboard: in case you find yourself without a flip scoreboard.
Looking for some “mock” handbooks that you can tailor to meet your club’s needs. Check out the following:
a. Welcome from Badger Region.
b. Sample commitment form
c. Sample coach policy handbook
d. Sample participant manual