- Player medical forms: you must have these with you in case of emergency.
- Player/Parent contact info: in case of a last-minute schedule change or emergency.
- Official Webpoint roster: Login to Webpoint/My Info/Team Rosters/Current Roster.
- Coaching bag: two whistles, a med kit, player medical forms, line-up sheets, scratch paper & writing utensil.
- Team schedule: obtain from your Club Director, the host team’s website or [potentially] AES.
- Event schedule: make sure you know the structure of the entire event, not just your pool
- Directions: make sure you know how to get to the event.
- Contact info: you will want to have the tournament director’s contact info in case of emergency
- Carry-in policy: know whether or not coolers and carry-ins are allowed to avoid fines
- Facility rules: know the playing rules of the facility and communicate the rules to your team (no ball-handling in the hallways, etc.)
- Check in: Print your official Webpoint roster, sign and turn in at the tournament desk prior to the start of the event.
- Verify match results: you (or someone assigned by you) should confirm that your team’s wins, losses and points are correctly recorded throughout the event.
- Follow event standings: you (or someone assigned by you) should check pool standings so you are aware of potential tie-breaker situations. During pool play, there is ALWAYS the potential for a tie-breaker situation.
- Address problems: talk with your club director about any problems you dealt with or potential future problems.
- Know your team code: tournament directors use this code to report the official standings and may need it.
KeepVid: store volleyball videos on your computer for players to watch
Kinovea: record athletes and analyze technique
Coaches Eye: record athletes for instant feedback
Pocket Radar: clock serve and attack speed
TeamUSA: information on drills, nutrition, technology, psychology, strength and coaching to help you as a volleyball coach
Volleyball Scoreboard: in case you find yourself without a flip scoreboard.
Looking for some “mock” handbooks that you can tailor to meet your club’s needs. Check out the following:
a. Welcome from Badger Region.
b. Sample commitment form
c. Sample coach policy handbook
d. Sample participant manual
e. USAV Sample Club Travel Policy. PDF Version. Word Version
f. Sample refund policy
g. Sample Conflict Resolution policy