Below are the minimum standards for a non-professionally certified scorer. These minimum performance standards apply to either junior or adult players serving on work crews at tournaments.
- No use of electronic devices during the match
- No food or drink ON the scoring table
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following
- Correctly record the results of coin toss (serving and receiving team information)
- Correctly record starting line-ups
- Confirms the correct server on every serve attempt
- Slashes running score column points
- Enters exit scores
- On substitutions, record the numbers of the players exiting and entering the set.
- On substitutions, record the team scores at the time of the substitution in the “Scores at Change” section.
- On substitutions, slash the total team sub count
- Records time outs
- Enter and circle final exit scores at end of the set
- Correctly enters winning and losing teams & scores in results section at the end of the set
Libero Service Scoring Requirements
In all Badger Region and USAV events, either or both liberos may be allowed to serve.
- If a libero serves for a position player, the roman numeral for that Service Order position is enclosed with a triangle.
- If the libero serving scores a point, the appropriate number in the Running Score section is enclosed with a triangle.
- The libero tracker is also required to enclose the roman numeral of the replaced position player’s Service Order with a triangle.