Outdoor volleyball is gaining popularity across the nation (and the NCAA just adopted it as another sport on its list of recognized championships for women). The discipline is a great way to hone your skills and improve your all-around game, all while soaking up the sun.
And you can play just about anywhere. Sand and grass volleyball are both played with two players per team, increasing your touches each rally and allowing you to practice all aspects of the game. Whatever your weakness is, the outdoor game is a great chance to work on it. Playing outdoor volleyball improves your ability to read and react. Dealing with the sun and wind helps you to become more adaptable. A player’s height is less important outdoors – ball control and skill take top priority. The outdoor game is also a great way to improve a player’s jump. In addition, playing outdoor volleyball emphasizes the importance of communicating effectively and helps teammates strengthen their relationship.
We love just about everything about outdoor volleyball, and we know you will too. So ditch your gym shoes and knee pads, grab some sunglasses and head outside!
To help athletes, coaches, parents and directors get started navigating the relatively new landscape of sand volleyball, the Badger Region has come up with a manual to use to help you through this process. The Beach Manual was last updated in 2015 and can be found by clicking here.
CLUBS OFFERING SAND/BEACH PROGRAMS/CAMPS/CLINICS:
* Acers Volleyball Club (Confirmed for 2017)
* Adversity Wisconsin (Confirmed for 2017)
* APEX Volleyball Academy (Confirmed for 2017)
* Capital Volleyball Academy
* G-Force (Confirmed for 2017)
* High Velocity Volleyball Club (Confirmed for 2017)
* Impact Volleyball Club (Confirmed for 2017)
* Milwaukee Volleyball Club
* Revolution Volleyball Club (Confirmed for 2017)
* Sporting MKE
* Wisconsin Juniors (Confirmed for 2017)
* Wisconsin Performance (Confirmed for 2017)
* Wisconsin Power (Confirmed for 2017)
* Wisconsin Premier (Confirmed for 2017)
* Wisconsin Volleyball Academy (Confirmed for 2017)