Every junior club is required to educate their players and coaches on all aspects of refereeing and scoring. Coaches and players must know and be able to perform the duties of a first referee, second referee, line judge, scorer and libero tracker so that they are capable of serving on work crews at tournaments. Clubs can educate their players and coaches in one of three ways.
HOST A JUNIOR WORK CREW CLINIC
Clubs in their first or second season must host this 2.5-hour clinic, which is run by a professional official. We suggest that clubs work with each other to co-host this clinic with another club, therefore keeping costs down.
|Clinics hosted by other clubs – open to public||Date and Time||Location|
|Club Superior – contact Chris Beron at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend – Clinician: Pati Rolf||12/10/17 at 3:00pm||Superior Senior High School|
|RAGE Volleyball – contact Meg Hererrera at email@example.com to attend – Clinician: John Nelson||12/16/17 at 1:00pm||River Falls High School|
FACILITATE YOUR OWN TRAINING
Clubs may facilitate their own officiating clinic using region-approved training materials.
* Club directors should email Scott Spiess to request approval to facilitate your own ref/scorer training.
INDIVIDUAL ONLINE TRAINING
Clubs may ask their coaches and players to do the individual online training through Webpoint, so please make sure you have your username and password handy.
Online modules can be viewed and/or “taken for credit” to fulfill the training requirements. Members should click here to be sign up to be enrolled in the group of training modules (BG18_101) that can satisfy junior official requirements. After signing up in Webpoint, click on the red “USAV Academy” button in your profile. You will then be brought to your USAV Academy home page and from there you can view the online courses under “My Account.”
You can test out of some of the courses by taking the pre-quizes if you are a returning or experienced member.
If you would like to view some of the courses individually as a refresher, use the following instructions:
- Log into Webpoint and click on the USAV Academy Button (all the way down on the left side, vertical menu)
- Click on Course Catalog and then Catalog: Officiating Education Materials
- Click on Catalog: Indoor Officiating Materials — Not for Credit
- Select Catalog: 2. Junior Officiating Education
- View the following materials and click enroll: Line Judge Essentials, Junior Second Referee, Junior Signals, Libero Control, Scoring Basics (non-deciding set), Scoring Basics (deciding set), and Coaching’s Role in Officiating
- Go to My Account, click the green GO button to view each training
Club directors should submit the Junior Club Ref/Scorer Training Report Form on the forms page upon clinic completion.