Every coach within Badger Region and USA Volleyball must have four minimum requirements:
- Membership with the Region/USAV: a full adult membership is $50.
- A clear, current USAV background screen: the $18 screening process is initiated during membership registration and good for two seasons.
Please Note: The background MUST be through USAV. No other background screening will be accepted (for example, from a school).
- IMPACT Certification: this is a coaching certification class that needs to be taken once a career and costs $50.
- SafeSport certification: this is an online training program to bring awareness, education, and reporting for abuse and misconduct. This is a course to be taken once a career and can be found by clicking here. Beginning in the 2016-2017 season, all coaches must be SafeSport certified. *All coaches that took IMPACT from 2014-2015 and after will have SafeSport included in that training.
The Badger Region also allows any Junior Member that is a High School Senior to be an Assistant Coach for a Jr. Club team. The requirements for this member to coach are:
- Register for a full Junior Membership
- Become IMPACT/SafeSport certified
- If under 18, fill out the Jr. Code of Ethics Form (to receive this form email Sara Voigt at Sara@badgervolleyball.org)
- Complete a background screen (if 18 years old, or once they turn 18)