The responsibilities of a score monitor are outlined below.
- Check in with Tournament Director a minimum of 15 minutes prior to assignment.
- Dressed in Blue khaki pants or similar, dark belt, all-white polo shirt, all-white tennis shoes.
- Have all relevant score keep materials/reference documents readily available near your monitoring courts.
- Check each court’s score desk for appropriate/accurate scoreing materials.
- Rotate from court to court as necessary (minimum coverage of 4 courts).
- Monitor the effectiveness of the scorer, libero tracker and the overall score desk.
- Be available to step in and score keep if necessary (due to current score error or as requested by event director).
- Assist in distribution of score sheets to tournament director’s desk, where necessary.
- At the conclusion of the monitoring session, obtain the printed name and signature of the Tournament Director on your Badger Region Payment Reimbursement Request Form. NEW PROCESS: Send the completed form to the Badger Region Score Chair, Nancy Paulson, email@example.com.
REFERENCE: Pay Scale
REQUIRED TABLE MATERIALS
- Three set Libero tracking sheets
- Lineup sheets
- Pencils and/or pens
- 2 pens/2 pencils
- Correction tape/White-out
- Straight edge
- Rule book
- Scorer Reference Document (USAV PowerPoint presentation)