Junior Club & Coaching Toolkit
Need some helping getting organized? Use the Badger Region Junior Club & Coaching Toolkit to your advantage and make sure you are ready for tournament weekends.
- Player medical forms: you must have these with you in case of emergency.
- Player/Parent contact info: in case of a last-minute schedule change or emergency.
- Official Sports Engine roster
- Coaching bag: two whistles, a med kit, player medical forms, line-up sheets, scratch paper & writing utensil.
- Team schedule: obtain from your Club Director, the host team’s website or AES.
- Event schedule: make sure you know the structure of the entire event, not just your pool
- Directions: make sure you know how to get to the event.
- Contact info: you will want to have the tournament director’s contact info in case of emergency
- Carry-in policy: know whether or not coolers, carry-ins or chairs are allowed to avoid fines
- Facility rules: know the playing rules of the facility and communicate the rules to your team (no ball-handling in the hallways, etc.)
- Check in: Print your official Sports Engine roster, sign and turn in at the tournament desk prior to the start of the event.
- Verify match results: you (or someone assigned by you) should confirm that your team’s wins, losses and points are correctly recorded throughout the event.
- Follow event standings: you (or someone assigned by you) should check pool standings so you are aware of potential tie-breaker situations. During pool play, there is potential for a tie-breaker situation.
- Address problems: talk with your club director about any problems you dealt with or potential future problems.
- Know your team code: tournament directors use this code to report the official standings and may need it.